When we were little, we never knew brows would be THIS important…
If you’ve been on the internet at all in the last two years you’ve probably stumbled across the term “microblading” a time or twelve(hundred). You’ve probably gleaned that is has to to with eyebrows and that it seems to be some sort of procedure. You’ve probably seen some killer before & after photos and maybe without even fully understanding the process you might have a feeling you want in on this microblading business. We are here to help you understand what microblading is, and that yes, you totally want in. Do you know how I know? Because odds are you spend a great deal of time and money perfecting your brows with pencils, powders, waxes and/or pallets- Anastasia definitely isn’t going broke anytime soon and its because of one simple fact. Brows can really impact your face, and 99% of us don’t have the full beautiful brows (or any brows!) that we so desire to make that impact.
Enter Kanani, our resident Eyebrow Enchantress:
- Microblading and microshading can be an ideal procedure for anyone from people with full but imperfect brows to people that have no natural brows whatsoever.
- Microblading is a semipermanent procedure in which I use (imagine this) a microblade to create hairlike strokes to give the most natural and soft look to your brows. I customize the shape to compliment your face and color to match your skin tone and natural hair color perfectly.
- Microshading is a great compliment to microblading or can be done on its own to perfect already full brows to give a powderfill, soft and natural finish.
- Both procedures require a touchup appointment to complete the 3D look of the brows 4-6 weeks after. Once your brows are finished, most people maintain brow perfection by coming in about once a year for touch ups.
In summary, its like a semipermanent tattoo of tiny hair strokes to fill out and enhance your natural brows -or give you brows if you have none left- (photos below).
- Does it hurt? Depends on your level of pain tolerance. Its definitely not a massage, but its bearable and it is a short lived pain. Kanani uses 2 numbing agents to take the edge off as well. Post microblading you will feel like you have a slight sunburn. No biggy at all. And not to be cliché, but pain is beauty 😉
- What if I don’t like them? You won’t like them, you’ll love them. The bulk of your reservation is going to be spent consulting with Kanani about the style that will best suit you, drawing on the template and making sure everyone is on the same page for whats happening to your brow shape, type and color. You are very much a part of the process of creating your brows.
- Whats the cost? Its dependent on your service, if you’re getting both microblading and microshading, if there is corrective work from previous tattoos or procedures, and whether its your first time ever or just a touchup. Initial visits range from $750-900, touchups are $150. So your initial visit is your investment (worth every penny) and the maintenance is significantly less.
- Why does it cost so much? This is a procedure that requires a hefty amount of education, certification and licensure. This procedure opens the skin with surgical precision. Its highly technical both in the artistry and in the mechanics of proper practice, sanitation & sterilization. Again, not to quip clichés but “good brows aren’t cheap and cheap brows aren’t good”. Kanani is a Master Instructor for Image Artistry, meaning she trains others in this craft nationwide, meaning she’s considered on of the best in the business.
- When can you get me in? Kanani books out about a month in advance, so just be aware when you’re ready to schedule there may be a slight waiting period. We have an active cancellation list that we can put you on should something arise sooner but you may have to wait a few weeks to get your life changing beautiful brows 🙂
Brow Gallery Below: Some changes are dramatic, some are less so- thats the point! Different objectives, desires, features but all beautiful outcomes.
So what about you? Will you go under the blade for dream brows? Thanks for looking!